Tylertown Police Dept.
433 Beulah Ave.
Tylertown, MS 39667
Crisis Line: 1-800-273-6938
Services: Emergency Shelter, Childcare, Advocacy Services, 24-hour Crisis Line, Residential Counseling, Non-Residential Counseling, Emergency Transportation, Community Education, Referral Services, Legal Services
Counties Served: Adams, Amite, Claiborne, Copiah, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pike, Walthall, Wilkinson
W.I.N.G.S. Domestic Violence Shelter
- Crisis Hotline - 24 hour assistance to victims of domestic violence.
- Emergency Shelter - residential and non-residential housing.
- Case Management - individualized plan aimed at helping meet current and future needs.
- Counseling - group and individual sessions designed to encourage healing and rebuilding for the future.
- Victims Advocacy - for legal services, law enforcement and social services.
- Education - to provide job training and assistance with job placement.
- Children’s Program - including counseling and tutoring to help children break the cycle of violence.
- Information and Referrals - to other community agencies.
Counties Served: Amite, Claiborne, Copiah, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Marion, Pike, Walthall
Southwest Mississippi Community College Adult Basic Education/GED
Regional Workforce Training Center
Carolyn Williams, ABE-GED Director
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Educational Development (GED) program at Southwest Community College addresses the district’s need for skill enhancement. Adult Basic Education-General Educational Development classes are FREE and made available to Mississippians 17 years old (by September 1) or older who are not enrolled in any public, private, or home school program. If you would like to learn to read, enhance basic reading, writing, or math skills, or get a GED diploma, SMCC’s ABE-GED program has been designed to assist you!
Southwest MS Community College district consists of Pike, Amite, Walthall, and Wilkinson Counties.
Tylertown WIN Job Center
Job Placement, WIA Services, Priority Services for Veterans
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Distribution Center
1732 Beulah Ave.
- supplemental foods
- health care referrals
- nutrition education
- low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women
- infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk
Walthall County Health Department
903 Union Road
Tylertown, MS 39667
- Breast & Cervical Cancer
- Child Health (EPSDT)
- Children’s Health Insurance
- Children’s Medical Program
- Diabetes control
- Early Intervention (First Steps)
- Family Planning
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Perinatal (PHRM)
- Social Work
Open: Monday - Wednesday, Friday (closed Thursdays)
Southwest MS Mental Health Complex
1701 White Street
P.O. Box 768
McComb, MS 39649-0768